After the forward thrust of action with the Aries new moon, we now get to work with the strong grounding energy of perseverance, follow-through, and physical manifestation that is earthy Taurus.
Taurus represents the practical world and is a great time to start physical projects, whether having to do with your home, your garden, or your finances.
It is also is about what you value and prioritize, including how you value yourself. It’s about nurturance, indulgence, patience and going slow.
Taurus is ruled by Venus and partakes of her beauty and sensuousness, including the body and nature. Taurus also loves stability, support, and our bodily basic needs. It’s a great time for taking walks, getting a massage, and cooking great meals.
Taurus is associated with manifesting abundance in the physical realm.
This Taurus new moon is a perfect time to plant seeds that call for practical action and in particular installing new positive habits. What habits do you want to let go of and what new ones would support your values – especially in the physical or financial realm? With the perseverance of Taurus, you can spend the next 28 days practicing until your new habit becomes part of your life.
This coming New Moon in Taurus: Sunday/Monday, May 17-18th at 9:13 p.m.Pacific, 12:13 a.m. Eastern, 5:13 a.m. GMT. (The intentions are best set around that time, or within 8 hours after, but within the next two days is fine.)
BUSINESS BOOSTING TIPS:
The areas to focus on when setting intentions include:
- Money – Focus on developing confidence in earning and handling money. Let go of financial anxiety, unworthiness, and self-sabotage; develop financial independence and ease.
- Building solid foundations – Use your persistence, perseverance to make step-by-step progress with thoroughness and care.
- Reliability – Practice patience, steadfastness, trustworthiness, dependability, keeping one’s word to self and others.
- Self-worth – Live according to your values, feeling worthy of having your needs met and asking for that, of setting boundaries, self-care, strength and determination, not needing external validation.
- Physical senses – Relax and indulge, cherish your sensuality, physical comfort, and pleasure. Get massages, take walks, enjoy beauty.
- Enjoyment of Earthly life – Practice gratitude, appreciation, contentment. Feel your rapport with nature, and that you are at home here on planet Earth. You deserve to prosper and thrive.
- Combat inflexibility – Release stubbornness, resistance to change, attachment, possessiveness, stagnation.
- Health concerns include throat, chin and neck; vocal cords and voice; thyroid gland, and coughs.
Here are some tips for how to use the New Moon energy to plant effective wishes/ intentions/ visions:
1. Write them by hand. (You might want to keep a New Moon Magic journal – that’s what I’m doing. Or you could write them on cards and keep them in a drawer.)
2. Choose more than one but no more than ten wishes or intentions. (To activate but not dissipate the energy.)
3. Wait until the actual New Moon time or 8 hours after (between 12:13 and 8:13 a.m. Eastern, on May 18th) or within 48 hours after that (through Wednesday, May 20th around 12 a.m. ET). Let the wishes form and choose the ones that feel most harmonious and right to you at that time.
4. In phrasing your intentions feel free to use words such as “I choose, I intend, I create, I wish or want to experience, I request, I ask for, I call to me…..” One good choice is “I accept these things — or something better — into my life now, for my highest good, and for the highest good of all concerned.” And then list what you want in the present tense.
5. You might want to say them out loud after you write them down.
6. Some recommend lighting a candle. Or picture the paper you’ve written your list on irradiated by light burning away all anxiety around your desires.
Keeping our written intentions where we can refer back to them later, to see which actually came true, is part of this experiment. It’s also advisable to keep your intentions in mind, especially as the Full Moon approaches, the time for action. These intentions will also be powerful to review at the end of the year!
I have also created a NEW MOON MAGIC FACEBOOK PAGE for sharing our New Moon Intentions, if you’d like to do that.
Please click on above link to join me there – and click “Join group” in upper right corner if you want to join.