- Home & Family -Physical home (purchasing, moving, decorating) and all family relationships.
- Safety & Security – Feelings of belonging; financial security; taking care of yourself, attending to your own needs.
- Emotional Closeness – Caring for self and others, empathy, vulnerability, asking for help, intimacy (including lifting fears of intimacy).
- Feelings – Awareness of your own feelings and those of others, sensitivity, communicating how you feel, noticing changing moods and not letting them dominate.
- Nurturing – Emotional nourishment, being supportive and accepting support, taking care of others and being taken care of, Mother- both literal and symbolic, playing a maternal role, close family members; and FOOD!
- Excessive Self-Protection – Overcoming insecurity, clinginess, possessiveness, fears of rejection, and overly cautious behavior, including emotionally.
- Health concerns include breasts and stomach.
Here are some tips for how to use the New Moon energy to plant effective wishes/ intentions/ visions:
1. Write them by hand. (You might want to keep a New Moon Magic journal – that’s what I’m doing. Or you could write them on cards and keep them in a drawer.)
2. Choose more than one but no more than ten wishes or intentions (to activate but not dissipate the energy).
3. Wait until the actual New Moon time or 8 hours after (between 3:10 and 11:10 a.m. Eastern, on June 27th) or within 48 hours after that (through Sunday, June 29tharound 3 a.m. ET). Let the wishes form and choose the ones that feel most harmonious and right to you at that time.
4. In phrasing your intentions feel free to say “I choose, I intend, I create, I wish or want to experience, I request, I ask for, I call to me……” or any language that feels right to you. 5. Light a candle (optional). It’s been suggested that adding a prayer candle – maybe one of those tall ones in a jar – and letting it burn down would add focus to this ritual.
For the purposes of this “experiment,” keeping our written intentions where we can refer back to them later, to see which actually came true, is part of the point. That’s what makes it an experiment.
Don’t forget, I have created a NEW MOON MAGIC FACEBOOK PAGE for sharing our New Moon Intentions, if you’d like to do that. Please click on above link to join me there – and click “Join group” in upper right corner if you want to join. Remember, caring starts with self-care. I know you care for others. It’s okay to also ask for help when you need it. Love and caring is what’s going to turn this world around!
P.S. My main source of information on this topic is Jan Spiller’s book, New Moon Astrology, as well as a few other astrologers.
P.P.S. If you want to receive monthly information for every New Moon in your email, go here and sign up for my free New Moon Magic list.