Tuesday, Sept. 23rd at 11:13 p.m. Pacific, and Wednesday, Sept. 24th, 2:13 a.m. Eastern, 6:13 a.m. GMT. (The intentions are best set around that time, or within 8 hours after, but within the next two days is fine.)
This week’s New Moon in Libra (amplified by Sun in Libra and the Equinox the day before, when day and night are equal) will help us find balance and harmony in our lives, connect deeply to peace and beauty, and relate harmoniously with our partners and loved ones.
Libra is ruled by Venus, the planet of love and beauty. So love relationships are central to this sign, but really all partnerships and teamwork. Valuing beauty, creating harmony around you and inner and outer balance are all themes.
This is a good time to look for areas of chaos or disorder in your life that you can heal and harmonize. And when you do this (as the Akashic Masters say below) you will be helping to heal the world too.
The areas to focus on when setting intentions this week include:
- Marriage – Partnership, agreements, sharing, interdependence with your spouse or loved one, having a balanced relationship;
- Equality – Fairness, balance in all relationships, appreciation of self and others, being treated equally, negotiation, being a voice for justice;
- Harmony – Creating a harmonious environment, feeling peace and harmony within yourself, creating beauty and art, appreciating your own beauty, appreciating high culture;
- Teamwork – Cooperation, giving and receiving support, collaboration, having supportive relationships, working with a partner, being part of a team, knowing when to compromise;
- Sociability – Ability to get along with others, one-on-one interactions, networking, feeling comfortable socially, ease of communication in social settings, playing host or hostess;
- Refinement – Enjoying luxury and elegance, pampering yourself or being pampered by others, valuing good taste, appreciating the grace in your life, gracious living, spreading grace;
- Overcoming Co-Dependency – Including tendency to lose yourself in others, appeasing to maintain peace, being “nice” to be liked, comparing, paralyzing indecision, being oppositional.
- For health it concerns adrenal glands, kidneys, and diabetes (sugar imbalance).
This a natural time to harvest some of the seeds you’ve already planted, and to see what’s out of balance that you want to rectify. Not only that, but on Sept 25th, an aspect between Jupiter and Uranus will provide a big dose of enthusiastic, creative, expansive, spontaneous energy, perfect for launching new dreams. Be on the lookout for that.
Here are some tips for how to use the New Moon energy to plant effective wishes/ intentions/ visions:
1. Write them by hand. (You might want to keep a New Moon Magic journal – that’s what I’m doing. Or you could write them on cards and keep them in a drawer.)
2. Choose more than one but no more than ten wishes or intentions. (To activate but not dissipate the energy.)
3. Wait until the actual New Moon time or 8 hours after (between 2:13 a.m. and 10:13 a.m. Eastern, on Sept. 24th) or within 48 hours after that (through Friday, Sept. 26th around 10:13 a.m. ET). Let the wishes form and choose the ones that feel most harmonious and right to you at that time.
4. In phrasing your intentions feel free to say “I choose, I intend, I create, I wish or want to experience, I request, I ask for, I call to me……” or any language that feels right to you.
5. You might want to say them out loud after you write them down.
6. Some recommend lighting a candle.
Keeping our written intentions where we can refer back to them later, to see which actually came true, is part of this experiment. It’s also advisable to keep your intentions in mind, especially as the Full Moon approaches, the time for action.
I have also created a NEW MOON MAGIC FACEBOOK PAGE for sharing our New Moon Intentions, if you’d like to do that. Please click on above link to join me there – and click “Join group” in upper right corner if you want to join.
Wishing you a well-deserved period of harmony, beauty, and balance!
Pingback: Super Moon and the Equinox - Cara Moulds
Thank you, Cara Moulds, for sharing my New Moon Magic project and this blog on your own blog. I really appreciate that. 🙂