Last year it fell on New Year’s Day. This year – equally auspiciously – it falls 2 1/2 hours after the Winter Solstice! And that makes TWO Capricorn New Moons in 2014 – what’s up with that? (There won’t be any in 2015.)
Rather than wait for New Year’s Day to make your resolutions, you should do it on Sunday, Dec. 21st – or in the 2 days after that.
Why? Because this New Moon – and particularly the Solstice – holds the energy that supports your intentions for the entire year of 2015! It is very powerful, so take advantage of this mega-energy volt.
One teacher of the sacred, Lisa Michaels, states: “Once I began designing my year in alignment with the big planning energy of the Capricorn new moon, everything shifted.” Wow!
The Solstice and the New Moon herald the rebirth of the Sun and the Moon after a descent into darkness. What a time to plant seeds! It’s a great time for ritual, reflecting on, thanking, and releasing the passing year and dreaming your most powerful goals into existence.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to get my hands into the wet clay of 2015 and start molding it. Not a moment too soon. Especially since Capricorn rules all the areas of business success that I’m hot for right now. (“Hot” as in responsibility, discipline, persistence, achievement – not what most people consider sexy, but it sounds good to me.)
This is a super-intense Solstice/new moon also because along with the Sun and Moon, three other planets are cozying up in Capricorn – Mercury, Pluto, and Venus, adding their energy to the highly determined, earthy sign. (You know that Capricorn is the mountain goat who slowly and surely climbs the mountain and never gives up till he reaches the top.) Pluto adds depth and Venus adds the Divine Feminine to the entire year to come – yay!
And Uranus, the Great Awakener and revolutionary, goes direct right before the Solstice, which will add the energy of liberation and breakthrough to this coming year, an urgency to break out of whatever has held us back and to stand up and be counted.
That’s why this is an opportune time to set your visions for what you truly want to achieve in the coming year. You will get lots of support!
Now that you know how powerful this time is, and that you can set intentions for the entire year, let’s look at how to work with the Capricorn energy.
This coming New Moon in Capricorn:
Sunday, Dec. 21st at 5:36 p.m. Pacific, 8:36 p.m. Eastern, Monday Dec. 22nd 1:36 a.m. GMT. (The intentions are best set around that time, or within 8 hours after, but within the next two days is fine.)
This New Moon in Capricorn (supercharged by the Solstice 2.5 hours earlier, conjunct with Pluto, Venus and Mercury) will help us get focused, structured, and disciplined about our highest priorities, grounding our life and business in a step by step organized approach to achievement.
The areas to focus on when setting intentions include:
- Responsibility – Self-discipline, keeping commitments, competency, public image, developing adult capacities, taking responsibility, integrity;
- Goals – Ambition, defining and setting goals, practicality, using opportunities, consistent and steady effort, perseverance, belief in self, mastery;
- Success – Accomplishment, tangible results, recognition, social status, fame and fortune, achieving goals, accepting success;
- Future-Planning – Being mindful of time limits, choosing priorities, eliminating distractions, making wise decisions, maturity, issues of aging;
- Management – Delegating responsibility, creating systems and strategies, focus, step-by-step approach, getting your life in order;
- Authority – Accepting authority, being in charge, authority figures, bosses, fathers, reputation, tradition, trusting your inner authority, owning your power, self-mastery;
- Overcoming Excessive Control – Needing to micro-manage, inflexibility, self-justification, fear of the new.
- For health it concerns bones and joints, arthritis and rheumatism, gall bladders and gallstones, knees, skin, psoriasis and itching.
1. Write them by hand. (You might want to keep a New Moon Magic journal – that’s what I’m doing. Or you could write them on cards and keep them in a drawer.)
2. Choose more than one but no more than ten wishes or intentions. (To activate but not dissipate the energy.)
3. Wait until the actual New Moon time or 8 hours after (between 8:36 p.m. and 4:36 a.m. Eastern, on Dec. 21st-22nd) or within 48 hours after that (through Tuesday, Dec. 23rd around 8:36 p.m. ET). Let the wishes form and choose the ones that feel most harmonious and right to you at that time.
4. In phrasing your intentions feel free to say “I choose, I intend, I create, I wish or want to experience, I request, I ask for, I call to me……” or any language that feels right to you.
5. You might want to say them out loud after you write them down.
6. Some recommend lighting a candle.
Keeping our written intentions where we can refer back to them later, to see which actually came true, is part of this experiment. It’s also advisable to keep your intentions in mind, especially as the Full Moon approaches, the time for action. These intentions will also be powerful to review at the end of the year!
I have also created a NEW MOON MAGIC FACEBOOK PAGE for sharing our New Moon Intentions, if you’d like to do that. Please click on above link to join me there – and click “Join group” in upper right corner if you want to join.
I’m also thinking of offering a *free* New Moon Business Boosting Call each month, starting in January. Would you like that?
Wishing you powerful renewal, energy, and focus in accomplishing all your dreams in 2015!