- new beginnings, initiating, high energy and vitality, taking action, blazing new trails, not being afraid of being first or different;
- strengthening the self, assertiveness, self-love and acceptance, asking for what you need, clear boundaries, not deferring to others;
- innocence, honesty, authenticity, straightforwardness, expressing the true you;
- creative self-discovery, exploring new paths, taking risks, eagerness, joy in discovery;
- independence, self-direction, self-reliance, autonomy, self-sufficiency, trusting yourself, not comparing, not fearing other’s opinions;
- courage, leadership, “warrior” nature, strength, boldness, confidence, trusting and acting on one’s impulse;
- combatting self-absorption, selfishness, disregard for others, vanity, anger, impatience,
- Health concerns include skin, face, head, brain, eyes, headaches and dizziness.
Here are some tips for how to use the New Moon energy to plant effective wishes/ intentions/ visions:
1. Write them by hand. (You might want to keep a New Moon Magic journal – that’s what I’m doing. Or you could write them on cards and keep them in a drawer.)
2. Choose more than one but no more than ten wishes or intentions (to activate but not dissipate the energy).
3. Wait until the actual New Moon time or 8 hours after (between 1:36 and 9:36 p.m. Eastern, on March 30th) or within 48 hours after that (through Tuesday, April 1st around 1:30 p.m. ET). Let the wishes form and choose the ones that feel most harmonious and right to you at that time.
4. In phrasing your intentions feel free to say “I choose, I intend, I create, I wish or want to experience, I request, I ask for, I call to me……” or any language that feels right to you.
5. Light a candle (optional). It’s been suggested that adding a prayer candle – maybe one of those tall ones in a jar – and letting it burn down would add focus to this ritual.
For the purposes of this “experiment,” keeping our written intentions where we can refer back to them later, to see which actually came true, is part of the point. That’s what makes it an experiment. It’s also fun to do this together.
Exciting news: I have created a NEW MOON MAGIC FACEBOOK PAGE for sharing our New Moon Intentions. Please click on above link to join me there – and click “Join group” in upper right corner if you want to join.
The energies in 2014 are intense, and not always easy – but they are supporting our transformation. This is one of the transitional years and what we do in this time is very important.
In particular, this coming month of April, 2014 will be extremely intense and will create many opportunities for transformation and powerful action. Make the most of it – and stay balanced!
Wishing you a rich and fertile planting of seeds in this New Moon!
(If you want to receive free monthly New Moon updates, CLICK HERE. )