In the course of my travels, I speak to many women about my work as a “midlife blooming” coach and teacher. Often they’ll sigh with recognition, and will say wistfully, “Oh, I could use that!”
Then they tell me a bit about their story. Each story is different, but they also tend to form patterns, fitting into one of several scenarios that I realize many of us are confronted with past the age of 40.
Is one of these your story too?
- Your children have grown and left home, leaving a vacuum where your sense of purpose used to be.
- Your marriage has ended, and you’re wondering if there’s life after divorce.
- You lost your “secure” employment and don’t know where to turn, or who to be.
- You’re stressed and bored at your job and hope there’s more to life.
- You’re facing retirement and dread the emptiness.
- You’ve had a brush with illness, and are feeling a renewed commitment to how to use your precious time.
- You’ve put everyone else’s needs ahead of your own and you’re questioning if it’s too late to live YOUR life, to put YOUR work out into the world.
- You had a vision once to create something beautiful and meaningful with your life, and that vision is haunting you now.
Whatever the reason, if you’re like the women I speak to, you’re feeling adrift and wondering where your purpose and joy have gone, and how to find them. You know you’re capable of SO much more – but what exactly that looks like may be eluding you. . . .
You probably always wanted to make a difference in the world, but decided to do something “practical” instead. So many of us were put on the “practical” track in our youth, and convinced to give up our idealistic or creative aspirations.
But the dreams you put in a drawer long ago are now calling for your attention again. You may have been considered a dreamer in your youth, but maybe those dreams are exactly what the world needs now!
Maybe you’re one of those people with so many talents that you’ve never been able to choose what to focus on, and you’ve always felt like there was something wrong with you. But now you may be ready to combine your gifts into an original form of expression that the world has never seen before! You won’t know till you try!
What would blooming look like?
What can you expect to experience when you do take steps to transform your life?
When aligned with your purpose, your energy will be released and you may feel greater vitality than you have in along time. You will also find yourself in a larger psychological space. It’s as though you’ve been living in a small room and suddenly the walls have spread apart or even opened altogether, and you’re outside, in a field of possibility.
You will notice synchronicities happening and opportunities “miraculously” arising. You will feel more creative and playful. It can even feel like you’re falling in love – with your own potential!
Every path does require effort and patience, but these will come more easily to you because you will feel more alive and excited about your vision. Above all, you will know that your timing is perfect – that you’re right on time! And that what you want to create is not only possible, but has been waiting for you!
If you want to explore your potentials more, check out my free three-part teleseries, Blooming at Midlife. http://www.yourtimetobloom.com/events/teleclasses/
Sign up for free and you’ll get all the audio downloads, as well as the pdf learning guides – even if you missed the live calls. Remember, it’s never too late to bloom!