First, on Sept 12th-13th, we have the Virgo new moon with a partial solar eclipse to intensify its power. Then a few days later Mercury goes retrograde on the 17th. Followed by the Fall Equinox on Sept. 23rd, always a powerful event. Followed by a lunar eclipse on the full moon on Sept. 27th. (And I heard there may be an unusual amount of solar flares – which could shake up everything!)
Some people call this combination of new moon and eclipse a “portal” and say it packs a wallop. It brings with it certain opportunities to move us further on our path. An eclipse magnifies the “new beginning” and ending of the old, and the seeds of change will last for months, some say even years. Also, it kicks the normal Virgo energies into a higher dimension from the more earthly practical concerns of order, discernment, service, and health – to the archetype of the Alchemist, the mystical transformer.
This coming New Moon in Virgo:
Saturday/Sunday, Sept. 12th 11:41 p.m. Pacific, Sept. 13th 2:41 a.m. Eastern, 7:41 p.m. GMT. (The intentions are best set around that time, or within 8 hours after, but within the next two to four days is fine.)
(By the way, Sunday is also Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year – speaking of new beginnings!)
WISE WOMEN WAKING/ BUSINESS BOOSTING TIPS:
The areas to focus on when setting intentions include:
- Physical Health – Virgo is about establishing good health habits: diet, exercise, self care and specific healing as needed. It could mean finding a practitioner, trying a new supplement, just getting out and walking more. How could you improve your performance by getting more fit, more rested, more healthy?
- Creative Organization – Fall is the perfect time to get organized, set up some systems, handle details and paperwork you’ve been avoiding (I know). Use the boost of this energy to create the support you and your business need. What is one simple system or habit you could install that would simplify and organize your work and your life? What you create now will pay off for months or years.
- Discernment – As you move back into the flow of your work life, use your critical thinking to make decisions, choose where you will focus. What three main areas will yield the greatest results? What one project is the most important and most purposeful for you?
- Work/Job – Your work itself is in the province of Virgo. Are you in transition? Are you shifting something in your business, perhaps expanding? Are you starting a new project or looking for a partner or taking a leap? Think big, remember, this is a time of major new beginnings.
- Service – How can you truly be the contribution you have come here to be? How can you be helpful in practical ways to those around you? Set your intention to give your gifts in such a way as to be of the greatest help to others. What is the highest level of service you feel called to?
- Overcoming Perfectionism – With Virgo’s attention to detail can come worry, criticism, judgment, workaholic tendencies, and perfectionism. Watch out for those, they don’t help.
- For health it concerns digestion, assimilation, and elimination.
1. Write them by hand. (You might want to keep a New Moon Magic journal – that’s what I’m doing. Or you could write them on cards and keep them in a drawer.)
2. Choose more than one but no more than ten wishes or intentions. (To activate but not dissipate the energy.)
3. Wait until the actual New Moon time or 8 hours after (between 2:41 a.m. and 11 a..m. Eastern, on Sept. 13th) or within 2-4 days after that (through Wednesday, Sept. 16th around 3 a.m. ET). Let the wishes form and choose the ones that feel most harmonious and right to you at that time.
4. In phrasing your intentions feel free to use words such as “I choose, I intend, I create, I wish or want to experience, I request, I ask for, I call to me…..” One good choice is “I accept these things — or something better — into my life now, for my highest good, and for the highest good of all concerned.” And then list what you want in the present tense.
5. You might want to say them out loud after you write them down.
6. Some recommend lighting a candle. Or picture the paper you’ve written your list on irradiated by light burning away all anxiety around your desires.
Keeping your written intentions where you can refer back to them later, to see which actually came true, is part of this experiment. It’s also advisable to keep your intentions in mind, especially as the Full Moon approaches, the time for action. These intentions will also be powerful to review at the end of the year!
I have also created a NEW MOON MAGIC FACEBOOK PAGE for sharing our New Moon Intentions, if you’d like to do that. Please click on above link to join me there – and click “Join group” in upper right corner if you want to join.
P.S. Disclaimer: I am not an astrologer. I am grateful for all the astrologers I consult each month to bring this information to you, and to Jan Spiller, whose New Moon Astrology started me going.