THIS COMING NEW MOON IN VIRGO is Monday, Aug. 25th, at 7:13 a.m. Pacific, 10:13 a.m. Eastern, 3:13 p.m. GMT. (The intentions are best set around that time, or within 8 hours after, but within the next two days is fine.)
Monday’s New Moon in Virgo (amplified by Sun in Virgo) will help us get focused and grounded in achieving our goals realistically. Because it’s opposed by Neptune in Pisces, it’s also advised to bring in higher guidance. Not only that, but a powerful configuration called a “Finger of God” at the same time will super-charge the Virgo energy.
This “Finger of God” includes the planets Uranus, Mercury, Mars and Saturn conjunct. Together they will give us the clarity, courage, motivation, and enthusiasm to take stock of our lives, release what is holding us back, and move forward energetically on our soul’s path.
The way the planets are lining up is a HUGE boost to our intentions and a fabulous way to move into the “new beginning” energy of September. They can help us get things done that we’ve been putting off for a long time. (I’m already clearing out years’ worth of clutter!)
VIRGO is known for focus on details, work, service, health, organization, daily routines, analysis and synthesis. It’s very practical and supports a methodical approach to what will really support us, giving us a stable foundation – this month tempered by that imaginative and spiritual Neptune/Pisces energy.
The areas to focus on when setting intentions this week include:
- Work – Jobs, work projects, tasks, structures, efficient work routines, valuing hard work and high standards, relationships with co-workers;
- Organization – Handing details, orderly environments, efficiency and planning, scheduling, paperwork, punctuality, time management, rituals and routines;
- Service – Practical helpfulness, adaptability to others, desire to contribute to the greater good, purity of intention to benefit others;
- Health – Diet, exercise, establishing good health habits, weight control, healing, finding the right health practitioners;
- Clear Discrimination – Analysis, critical thinking, discernment, focus on priorities and here-and-now realistic opportunities, not fantasy;
- Synthesis – Seeing the big picture and how the pieces fit together, commitment to excellence, bringing order out of chaos; emphasis on wholeness;
- Overcoming Perfectionism – Including excessive worry, self-judgment, blaming others, being overly critical, needing to be right, workaholism.
- For health it concerns abdominal issues, such as bowels and intestines, constipation and diarrhea, digestion and assimilation.
See which topics relate to particular issues you’re working with now. This is an excellent time to put in place new rituals or routines in key areas of your life.
Here are some tips for how to use the New Moon energy to plant effective wishes/ intentions/ visions:
1. Write them by hand. (You might want to keep a New Moon Magic journal – that’s what I’m doing. Or you could write them on cards and keep them in a drawer.)
2. Choose more than one but no more than ten wishes or intentions. (To activate but not dissipate the energy.)
3. Wait until the actual New Moon time or 8 hours after (between 10:13 a.m. and 6:13 p.m. Eastern, on August 25th) or within 48 hours after that (through Wednesday, Aug. 27th around 6:13 p.m. ET). Let the wishes form and choose the ones that feel most harmonious and right to you at that time.
4. In phrasing your intentions feel free to say “I choose, I intend, I create, I wish or want to experience, I request, I ask for, I call to me……” or any language that feels right to you.
5. You might want to say them out loud after you write them down.
6. Some recommend lighting a candle.
Keeping our written intentions where we can refer back to them later, to see which actually came true, is part of this experiment.
I have also created a NEW MOON MAGIC FACEBOOK PAGEfor sharing our New Moon Intentions, if you’d like to do that. Please click on above link to join me there – and click “Join group” in upper right corner if you want to join.
Wishing you a rich and fertile planting of seeds in this New Moon! May you be highly empowered as you go forward.