How quickly a month goes by! I can hardly catch up. Time seems to be running faster and faster and our virtual environment inundates us with information.
Well, the New Moon this Wednesday, May 28th gives us an opportunity to address some of that, for Gemini rules communication, learning, and even the Internet!
As you know, I’m experimenting this year by doing ritual on every new moon to plant the seeds of what feels appropriate to that particular moon’s astrological sign.
THIS COMING NEW MOON IN GEMINI: Wednesday May 28th, at 10:40 a.m. Pacific,1:40 p.m. Eastern, 5:40 p.m. GMT.
The areas to focus on when setting intentions for this new moon (regarding what you desire or want help with in any way) include:
- Learning – Information, formal education, print media, the Internet (you can choose to learn a certain skill, find the perfect training, research and gather information, start a book you’ve been wanting to read- or write, or become more selective with what you take in from media and online);
- Communication – Writing, speaking, skillful listening, teaching. (This is a perfect time to focus on communication, to listen more openly, to start a blog, journal, or podcast. if you are a Messenger, witty, lively expression may prevail. This also pertains to networking, social media, email, your iPhone and iPad – all are ruled by Gemini.)
- Logic – Awareness of different options, cleverness, variety. (Here’s an opportunity to see what options you may not have noticed. You may also be getting lots of new ideas, and they’re flowing freely.)
- Social Skills – Tact, acceptance, enjoyment, wit, sociability. (This is a good time to call up a friend to catch up, and to share without trying to be right, but just to have fun and connect.)
- Relationships of proximity – Siblings, neighbors, roommates, etc. (This might be a good time to get together with someone close by.)
- Movement – Local travel, short trips, cars, transportation, restless energy. (Yep, a perfect time to go on a jaunt with a friend who lives nearby.)
- Overactive Mind – Over-questioning, superficiality, nervousness, indecisiveness. (See if you’re using your mind defensively to avoid something.)
- Health concerns include hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, and lungs, breathing.
Here are some tips for how to use the New Moon energy to plant effective wishes/ intentions/ visions:
1. Write them by hand. (You might want to keep a New Moon Magic journal – that’s what I’m doing. Or you could write them on cards and keep them in a drawer.)
2. Choose more than one but no more than ten wishes or intentions (to activate but not dissipate the energy).
3. Wait until the actual New Moon time or 8 hours after (between 1:40 p.m. and 9:40 p.m. Eastern, on May 28th) or within 48 hours after that (through Friday, May 30th around 1:40 p.m. ET). Let the wishes form and choose the ones that feel most harmonious and right to you at that time.
4. In phrasing your intentions feel free to say “I choose, I intend, I create, I wish or want to experience, I request, I ask for, I call to me……” or any language that feels right to you.
5. Light a candle (optional). It’s been suggested that adding a prayer candle – maybe one of those tall ones in a jar – and letting it burn down would add focus to this ritual.
For the purposes of this “experiment,” keeping our written intentions where we can refer back to them later, to see which actually came true, is part of the point. That’s what makes it an experiment. It’s also fun to do this together.
Don’t forget, I have created a NEW MOON MAGIC FACEBOOK PAGE for sharing our New Moon Intentions. Please click on above link to join me there – and click “Join group” in upper right corner if you want to join.
The energies in 2014 continue to be intense, with the continuing Grand Cross and a new emotional Grand Trine. We’re going back into Mercury Retrograde on June 7th so it’s good to initiate action before then.
But we are definitely being supported in planting seeds of the NEW! Take advantage of that!
Wishing you a delightful planting of the new in this New Moon.
(If you would like to receive monthly emails to let you know about each New Moon in advance, CLICK HERE.)
P.S. My main source of information on this topic is Jan Spiller’s book, New Moon Astrology, as well as a few other astrologers.